Welcome to the Residential Services and Support website. Here you will find in-depth information about all our Residences along with images and virtual tours, giving you a direct insight into the quality of accommodation on offer.
You can find information about making an application, the current Housing Policy, residential fees, arrival procedures, and guidance on securing family accommodation. The site is designed to provide a comprehensive guide to our residences, but if you have a question that you feel is not addressed, please contact us.
Overview of residences
Queen Mary University of London currently has 2,573 bedroom places in self-catering residences on or near the Mile End Campus. The School of Medicine and Dentistry (and some joint programmes with the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences) have their own dedicated halls of residence with 157 places at the Whitechapel Campus (Floyer House) and 203 places at the Charterhouse Square Campus (Dawson Hall) and will therefore not be offered the option to be housed at the Mile End Campus.
We have a total of 2,928 bed spaces to offer to new applicants at undergraduate and postgraduate level. There are a total of 12 rooms available for wheelchair users, with a further 11 rooms for students who are mobility impaired and a total of 18 rooms suitable for hearing impaired students at the Mile Campus and and 3 adaptable rooms at Aspire Point.
For further information please refer to the Disability and Dyslexia website.
Features of en-suite and non en-suite bedrooms
- All bedrooms are carpeted and equipped with a single bed** (on average 90x19cm), wardrobe, desk and chair, as well as storage space and bookshelves. (**With the exception of Aspire Point, Hatton House and Lindop House Flats 1 and 2 - which are equipped with a queen sized bed (small double) – 4'0"x 6'3" (120x190cm)
- Central heating.
- Communal kitchens for 3-11 students, fully equipped with fridge/freezers, cookers, microwave ovens, washing up facilities, storage cupboards, food preparation surfaces and dining areas.
- A personal refrigerator is provided in all of the en-suite bedrooms at Mile End and in all rooms at Dawson Hall and Floyer House.
- Basic insurance up to £5,000
- Launderettes situated in, or close to, all residences.
- Shop, 200-seat restaurant, central reception and Security Lodge (which is manned on a 24-hour-a-day basis) on the Mile End Campus.
Important Note: Definitions relating to en-suite rooms (e.g. premium, standard and economy) relate to the facilities in the room and numbers of residents sharing kitchen/dining areas, not to the quality of the decor or age of the building.
Students are required to provide:
- Bed linen, towels, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
Please note: there are no parking facilities available to students living in any Queen Mary residences. However, as a resident you can apply for a local authority parking permit to park in the streets nearby.
Summer vacation accommodation
Students who want accommodation during the summer vacation period will be required to complete a separate application form available from Housing Services in March. Places will be allocated subject to availability, and will not necessarily be in the same room or residence as previously occupied. Priority is given to postgraduate students.
Please view our dedicated page on family accommodation.
Data Protection Act 1998 - Disclosure to 3rd Parties
It is QMUL policy to deal with applicants and students direct and not with their parents or guardians. All applicants and students, regardless of their age, have rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and QMUL will not disclose information to their parents and guardians without the student’s explicit written permission.