Notification of expected closure
Floyer House will remain fully operational for the academic year 2019/20. At the present time the University expects the building to be taken out of use during the following academic year 2020/21, to allow for the site to be redeveloped.
The University will not offer rooms in the building, for the academic year 2020/21, unless it is clear that redevelopment work will not commence until summer 2021. The University are currently exploring options to secure alternative accommodation for new medical and dental students arriving in 2020/21.
7 Small Single Standard Rooms
72 Single Standard Rooms
53 Large Single Standard Rooms
10 Extra Large Single Standard Rooms
3 Extra Extra Large Single Standard Rooms
4 Basic Twin Standard Rooms (shared bathrooms)
4 Large Twin Standard Rooms (shared bathrooms)
- Situated within the Whitechapel Campus
- Ideally located to the Royal London Hospital
- Traditional style hall
- Excellent value for money
- Utility bills included
- Room type variables to suit all budgets
- Room size: - Single Small (under 9 sqm), Single Standard (approx. 9-11 sqm), Single Large (approx. 11-15 sqm), Single Extra Large (approx. 16-21 sqm) and Single Ex Extra Large (approx. 25 sqm), Twin Room (approx. 9-11 sqm)
- Single Sex option available
- Communal garden
- Internet connection in all rooms
- All rooms are centrally heated and carpeted
- Washbasins in the majority of rooms
- Room furnishings: bed, wardrobe, desk and chair, bookshelves, pin boards, desk lamp, mini-fridge, curtains, smoke detectors
- Fitted kitchen with furnished dining area or breakfast bar
- Kitchen equipment: oven/hob, freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, ironing board, heat detectors
- Shared communal bathrooms: bath, shower, toilet (ratio approximately 1:5)
- Cleaning service: communal areas daily (Mon to Fri) and kitchens weekly.
- Launderette and ironing rooms
- Security patrols
- Residential Assistant Support Cover
- No rooms specifically designed for wheelchair users
- No lifts.
For information on cost, please refer to our fees page.