These leaving instructions are procedures to guide you through your final departure from Halls. If you are moving out from halls earlier than the expiration of your licence agreement, please read this important information regarding your contractual obligations.
The deposit is non-refundable, the payment is reserved and credited against your final instalment of residential fees (minus any deductions or charges).
All or part of the deposit may be retained by QMUL as a contribution towards any loss or costs suffered by QMUL, as a result of a cancellation made outside of the licence cancellation period.
Full instructions regarding the deposit refund procedure will be sent to you by separate mail.
Before you leave please ensure:
- Your room, kitchen and other common areas of your residence must be vacated and left completely clear of all items and rubbish. Additional cleaning or rubbish clearance will incur charges.
- Keys including access cards and post box keys must be returned in person by 10:00hrs on the last day of your licence agreement, to either the Residences Reception, France House, Westfield Way for Mile End residents, or to the Security Reception point at Dawson Hall for Dawson Hall residents or the Security Office at the Garrod Building for Floyer House residents, or for Aspire Point residents to the Reception, Aspire Point, 210 High Street, E15 2ZL.
- Keys should be returned in person in an envelope, with your full name, student ID number and accommodation details (e.g. name of building, flat number and room letter) written clearly on the envelope. Please do not hand in keys loosely. Keys that cannot be matched or identified will lead to deposit deductions. Do not leave the keys in your room, or give them to a friend to hand in on your behalf.
- Any keys not returned by the end date of your licence agreement will result in additional charges, you may include a charge of £120 for a lock change.
- Do not return window lock, desk keys or internet cables - these should be left in your room for the next occupant. Ensure all doors and windows are locked.
After you have left we will:
- Check your room and communal areas for any damage / additional cleaning
- Apply charges for damage, missing fixtures and fittings, rubbish removal and additional cleaning.
- Check if you have any outstanding residential fees
Once the above has been satisfactorily completed any credit/debit balance, will be processed via the College's Finance Department.
Any mail or packages received after your departure will be returned to sender. We are unable to re-direct post or hold post for collection. You must ensure that all your post is redirected, prior to your departure, please arrange this with the Post Office.
Please contact us immediately if you have any queries regarding this information.